N4M includes a mix of lectures and poster sessions. Great value is offered by the location that supports networking and interaction, between attendees, with the companies, and all the speakers. The entire hotel will be dedicated to the conference offering a plethora of opportunities for impromptu conversations.
N4M starts on Sunday afternoon, to give everyone the time to get to Camogli. The venue is 3 min walking distance from the train station of Camogli-San Fruttuoso, connected with a direct train to the Genoa airport and easy to access via the Milan and Pisa airports. The scientific activity will be spread across 4 days. The symposium will finish on Thursday lunch time, leaving enough time for those travelling on the same day. Shuttles back to the Genoa airport will be organised, to optimise the transfer time on Thursday, and it will be possible to book them on site.
The science of N4M for 2024 spans across scales, from molecules to organoids, addressing the role of forces and mechanics in driving biological processes, trying to guide and understand them through modelling. The contributions will be organised along the following thematic sessions:
- Nanomechanics and Mechanosensing
- Cellular Mechanobiology and Mechanotransduction
- Modelling mechanobiology
- Collective Cellular Processes
- Organoids and Multicellular Systems
On the central day, Tuesday, we will host two paralell discussions animated and introduced by experts on "non-scientific topics that drive science": the publishing process and the hurdles of translational science.
- Talk for ECRs the inner workings of editorial processes, Raghavendra Palankar, Associate Editor Nature Nanotechnology. Round table discussion on The future of Scientific Publishing.
- The regulatory landscape for medical devices and the path to market, Aldo Ferrari, Hylomorph SA. Round table discussion on Translating mechanobiology in the dynamic European landscape.
Contributing to N4M
The program includes invited and contributed talks, alongside technical talks from partner companies. Lectures shall present a mix of published and undisclosed results, to engage the audience and foster scentific discussions. Generous time for question and answers is planned.Submit an abstract
We believe the poster session is a central moment of the conference, to discuss of science in a more informal and interactive setting. Three dedicated sessions are planned. Posters will be hanged up on the first day and will remain available till the end of the conference, for scientists to convene and discuss them at any time.Submit an abstract